Whether young or old, one of the best ways to improve the health and beauty of your smile is with the assistance of an orthodontist. Minneapolis area dental office, Point Family Dentistry & Orthodontics, is determined to provide our patients with the best that dental care has to offer. We understand that seeking orthodontic treatment is a big step in a person’s life, and with so many orthodontists in Minneapolis to choose from, trying to decide who will take care of your teeth can become overwhelming.
Choosing an orthodontist who is right for you is a very important decision. Throughout your orthodontic process, you may be spending several years with your orthodontist. You’ll want to find someone you can trust and rely on, someone you can build a relationship and understanding with. When choosing the right orthodontist, your decision should take time and research. Here are some tips:
- Refer to friends and relatives. Ask them questions about their recommendations, the type of care they received, or any other thoughts they have about their own orthodontists.
- Ask your insurance company. It’s important to know what your insurance covers as far as orthodontia goes, and whether there is a specific group of orthodontists to choose from.
- Ask for a consultation. A meeting with an orthodontist can be a great way to get an idea of how he or she relates to patients.
- Check credentials, and ask for possible references.
- Write down any questions you have about the orthodontic care you desire, and be sure to ask.
At Point Family Dentistry & Orthodontics, we feel lucky to have Dr. Heather Carr, orthodontist for the Minneapolis area. If you are currently seeking an orthodontist in the Minneapolis and Bloomington area, we encourage you to schedule your consultation with Dr. Carr. We look forward to hearing from you!