You just spent your hard-earned dollar on Point Family Dentistry’s excellent teeth whitening services. Your teeth are whiter, brighter, and you adore the results! However, just because your teeth are whiter does not mean you are in the clear of future dingy gray or yellow stains. It’s time to practice good oral habits so your pearly whites keep their luster.
Your Minneapolis area dentist recommends you follow these tips to keep your bright smile:
- Use tooth-whitening kits or whitening strips to touch-up on your newly brighten teeth.
- Use whitening tooth paste (only twice a week) to brush off the noticeable surface stains.
- Eating healthy foods such as celery, apples, pears, and carrots triggers lots of saliva, which washes away food debris.
- Avoid foods and drinks that can easily stain your teeth. If it can stain your clothes, it can stain your teeth. Some foods and drinks to avoid: white/red wine, coffee, blueberries, raspberries, and soy sauce.
- Don’t light up those cigarettes if you want your teeth to be free from brown stains.
- Keep up with your daily maintenance. Brush and floss every day and it can significantly keep your teeth from getting dingy.
- Continue to see Dr. Isaacson for regular check-ups.
Follow these tips and your teeth will stay bright and white. You love your brand new smile, and our doctors can help you keep it that way! Do you have any useful whitening tips? Share your stories with us by commenting below!